If you're visiting UQ, we can provide you with an Internet account that allows access to our world-class internet facilities.
This account is $10.00 and provides you with access to:
- 5GB of download quota for use on the wired network.
- Network ports available around the University (for plugging in your laptop)
Do I need a visitor account to access wireless?
No, the visitor account will only allow you to access the wired network. You can access the visitor wireless without an account and without using quota. For information on this, please visit the ITS website.
How do I get an application?
If you're attending a conference at UQ, your conference organiser/s may have pre-arranged for applications to be issued at the conference. Speak to your conference organiser/s to find out, otherwise, just visit Client Services on campus (building 42, ground level).
Are you a conference coordinator, wishing to purchase visitor accounts in bulk?
If you wish to obtain a bulk quantity of Visitor Internet accounts, please email UQconnect for details. The accounts will be setup and then you then issue these to the conference delegates as needed.
About UQ Visitor Access
- You will need your own laptop/mobile device to access this service.
- Your download allowance is used whenever you access the wired Internet at UQ. Access to UQ sites is free and does not count against your download quota. Visitor wireless access is also free and does not count against your download quota.
- If you run out of download then you can purchase a one-off block of additional download.
- When you activate your visitor account it will be available to use for three month when you visit UQ although you must remember your username and password. At the end of three months the account will be deactivated and you will need a new visitor account if you return to UQ.
- To begin your application for this account you need to first fill out an Application for UQconnect Account. This application will provide you with a registration PIN required for our online form. If you have not done this, please talk with your conference coordinator.
- Please be aware that you cannot access external email servers with this account. To read your email, please use webmail (eg Hotmail, Exchange) or VPN if available. For more information about VPN please contact your own IT Administrator.
To take advantage of these Internet services, UQconnect will provide you with a username and password, required for logging in.
For further information, please contact UQconnect.